These were some testing times, requiring all the mental fortitude I could garner to get through the back half of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
This book wasn’t bad, not at all. It was just long. 800 pages long.
You could say I developed a case of Harry-Potter-fatigue, which isn’t at all surprising given it is now 26 days since I opened the pages of my first ever Harry Potter book.
I didn’t think it would take me this long!
But do not fear. As I came to the closing chapters of the Order of the Phoenix, and as Harry was shipped back to the merciless muggles for yet another summer, I did feel a twinge of sadness and nostalgia for Hogwarts and the magical marvels of this world.
I am starting to see why so many readers go back to this series time and time again; it is comfortable, like coming back home.
Let’s do a quick recap of what happened in Potterland since the last episode of Harry-Pott-A-Thon.
Harry suffering teenage angst. Harry not talking to Ron and Hermione. Harry angsty because Dumbledore won’t talk to him. Harry rebelling and not doing his homework, therefore allowing the Dark Lord Voldemort into his brain. Harry putting his life and those of his friends in danger because of his hero-complex and because he is being a teenager.
Fight scene – magic – evil – death eaters – Ron being hit with a giggle-spell (seriously, was that the worst they could do?) – smashed Lost Prophecy – Harry vs Voldemort – Dumbledore saves the day – good wins again and Harry lives to see his sixth year at Hogwarts.
I do hope Dumbledore remembers the take home message from this whole affair – just tell Harry the truth or else he will continue to do stupid things.
On a brighter note, Ginny is fast becoming my new favourite character as she emerges from the shadow of her six older brothers. Here’s a wacky prediction – Ginny and Neville will end up married with magical babies!
So the end is approaching and with only two books remaining for me to read, I am starting to wonder what I will do next! If you have any suggestions please let me know in the comments below!
If you have missed previous days in my Harry-Pott-A-Thon, you can catch up here:
- Day 1 – Muggles, pigs tails, put-outers and more!
- Day 2 – Potions, Quidditch and a three-headed dog!
- Day 3 – I’m sorry, WHO was after the Philosopher’s Stone?!
- Day 4 – One book down, six to go!
- Day 5 – The secrets of The Chamber are revealed!
- Day 6 – The day I am sorted into my house!
- Day 7 – Harry “trouble usually finds me” Potter is back!
- Day 8 – It’s Unputdownable!
- Day 9 – When did these books get so big?!
- Day 10 – Or, the day I attempt, yet again, to predict the unpredictable!
- Day 11 – The end of book 4, the start of book 5, and my Patronus!
- Day 12 – The good guys vs the bad guys vs the ignoramus!
Poor Harry can’t catch a break. First he survives the wrath of the Dark Lord for the fourth, or is it the fifth, time (I’ve lost count)?…
It has been a few days since I finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire; I needed a moment to compose myself. That ending! Wow! You…